If I die in a war zone,
Box me up & send Me Home,
Put My Medals on My Chest,
Tell My Mom I did My Best, Continue reading
1.“If death strikes before I prove my blood, I swear I’ll kill Death” – Capt Manoj Kumar Pandey PVC 1/11 Gorkha Rifles
2.”No Sir, I will not abandon my tank. My gun is still working and I will get these bastards.”-Lt. Arun Kehtarpal PVC Continue reading
There are few famous quotations by Field Marshal Sam Manekshaw.
- On the military knowledge of politicians: “I wonder whether those of our political masters who have been put in charge of the defence of the country can distinguish a mortar from a motor; a gun from a howitzer; a guerrilla from a gorilla, although a great many resemble the latter.”
- On being asked, had he opted for Pakistan at the time of the Partition in 1947, he quipped, “then I guess Pakistan would have won (the 1971 war)”
- On being placed in command of the retreating 4 Corps during the Sino-Indian War of 1962: “There will be no withdrawal without written orders and these orders shall never be issued.”
- About the Gurkha: “If a man says he is not afraid of dying, he is either lying or is a Gurkha.”
- To a surgeon who was going to give up on his bullet-riddled body who asked him what had happened and got the reply, “I was kicked by a donkey.” A joke at such a time, the surgeon reckoned, had a chance.
- After helping an young Indian Army Officer, with his luggage, the grateful officer asked Sam “What do you do here?”. Sam replied “I everyday help officers like you with their luggage, but I do in my past time command this Infantry Division”
“If death strikes before I prove my blood, I swear I’ll kill Death” – Capt Manoj Kumar Pandey PVC 1/11 Gorkha Rifles